Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Getting Started

I used to sew a long time ago and then I stopped.  Now I've been bitten by the sewing bug and I'm excited to start again.  One of the things I would like to do is get a new sewing machine.  I have a basic Singer but I'm looking for a machine that can do a little more.  I have no idea what machine or brand (Singer, Bernina, Pfaff, Janome...)?

I'm also going to need some sewing notions, so I decided to get a new sewing basket to keep all of the notions in one place.






I wonder what will be the first thing I will make?  Something real simple that I can whip up on my old machine.  We'll see and I'll post the finished project later.



1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Me too ! I've been thinking about sewing and crocheting again. I use to make all of my clothes for work. You could consider something like decorative pillows or something for the house. House items tend to be a pretty quick project but will get that sewing-bug going.